2018 is going to be a very exciting year for smartphones, as we are going to be seeing a lot of new trends such as better audio, better battery life, better displays, better waterproofing and so much more,
With research and predictions from various global tech experts, The compilation of exciting smartphones planned to be launched this year and what to expect in these new gadgets BusinessDay report.
1. Samsung: Samsung is planning to release its latest flagship smartphone device, Galaxy S9 in 2018, a complete upgrade from the Galaxy S8 and S8 plus released in 2017. According to some reviewers on YouTube, the new phone might be released early in the year, in a couple of months’. BusinessDay sources at Samsung Nigeria, say that there will definitely be technology improvements.
“The Galaxy S9 will have the latest technology and there will be some mild design changes at the back and maybe a re-positioned camera,” Our source said. Online media reports suggest that the phone might be launched on the 27th of February at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) as Samsung plans to compete with Apple’s recently launched iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8plus. The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 will probably be released later in the year. Reports also suggest that the company will finally release a folding, bendable phone which will be called the Samsung Galaxy X, sometime towards the end of the year.
2. Apple: Apple will definitely be releasing a new smartphone this year as is customary to do so every year. However, we do not know if it will be called the iPhone 10s, iPhone 10 plus or the iPhone 11. The new phone will probably be a larger iPhone 10 with a 6.5 inch display instead of the current 5.7-inch display. Experts say the new phone will be faster and definitely more technologically advanced. Apple might also be launching the iPhone SE2 with a faster processor.
3. LG: According to reports, we could be seeing a refresh of LGs G series smartphones with the release of the LG G7 which might be called something else this year. Tech experts say LG might rename it with an 8 or 9 to catch up with the current iPhone 8 and Samsung Galaxy S8 and S9 series. The new device should be faster and updated with a sleeker looking display, redesigned to fit latest trends with slimmer panels.
4. Nokia: 2018 will see the launch of the latest Nokia 9 smartphone which will have a 5.7-inch infinity display, will be IP68 certified making it water and dust resistant, 16 MP rear dual camera and will feature a corning gorilla glass 5.
5. Red Hydrogen One: The Red hydrogen one smartphone with a holographic display technology will be launched in the first half of 2018. The phones will come in both aluminium and titanium.